I just played with the Google Nexus One for a few minutes, Here’s my report:
- It’s extremely thin
- It’s much nicer looking in person than in pictures
- There’s a 4 GB micro-SD card installed
- The battery capacity is 1400 mAh
- The screen appears to be OLED (same size/resolution as the Motorola Droid)
- 3G works on T-Mobile USA :)
- I can confirm that there’s no 3G on AT&T (EGDE only)
- It’s definitely unlocked
- It’s super snappy! Faster than the Droid…
- There’s no multitouch support in the browser or in Google Maps
- There’s no dedicated camera key, but it’s the same camera interface as the Droid
- The trackball can be used to focus (like on other HTC devices)
- Low-light performance is decent, but the flash is weak
- Calls are routed the normal way, not using data (VoIP), and sound fine
- The home screen is divided into 5 panes (like the custom interface on the
HTC Hero Motorola CLIQ)
- It’s using a micro-USB connector for data/power
- There are some gold contacts at the bottom edge, for a dock perhaps?
- Did I mention it’s fast?
Sorry, I was not allowed to take pictures (the one above is from the intertubes). That’s it for now :)
Update: I now have my own Nexus One.