Nokia N75 iSync plugin

Since Nokia decided that the N75 is not worthy of an iSync plugin, I went ahead and made one :) Simply download, unzip and copy to the /Library/PhonePlugins folder! After pairing your N75, run iSync, and select Devices|Add Device…

Advertisements

17 Responses to Nokia N75 iSync plugin

1. keith says:

I could not find the phoneplugin folder. I have a dual processor. Help please!

2. […] was that neither Apple nor Nokia provides an iSync profile for the N75 to work with OS X. It only took a few days for one to surface — the only unfortunate thing is that it is hosted on the hateful file sharing site rapidshare […]

3. novocaine says:

Thank you so much! :)

4. David Sternlight says:

Works great. Note that the linking to the phnne must be acknowledged each time it is run, by pressing the left phone button when requested, with the phone closed..

5. tnkgrl says:

David, that’s not an iSync or plugin problem!

Just set your computer as an authorized Bluetooth device on your N75 (in the Bluetooth menu on the N75 , in the “Paired devices” tab, select your computer from the list, press Options, select “Set as authorized”)…

6. Jonathan says:

Hey guys thanks for the information. I created a “PhonePlugins” folder under HD/Library and dropped the package. Turned on Bluetooth and it recognized the phone. Clicked on Isync and added device but it tells me that “the device is not supported by Isync”. Did I do something wrong here?

7. Hey – thanks a lot! It works!

BTW, for those who have problems, you have to create a folder named PhonePlugins at that path if it doesn’t exist. Quit and restart iSync if you already had it open, and you’re all set.

8. Fletcher says:

I installed, and everything seemed fine. But then I discovered that several of my calendars (specifically, calendars created by iGTD that contain my todo’s) don’t sync. I tried adding a “real” event to one of them to see if that forced a sync, but no go.

Otherwise, address book seems ok, and other events seem ok.

Any ideas?

9. Fletcher says:

Hmmm – it seems to be related to a maximum number of calendars? Anyone else have a similar experience?

10. eliza says:

I’m having a problem setting this up. I have a directory in Library/Phones/ within the user level, but doesn this need to be replaced by the PhonePlugins/ instead?

Thanks for the help in advance

11. ryan says:

Thank you!!!

12. Tom says:

There is now one available from Nokia:

Just type your model number in the box on the right hand side.

13. bev says:

I tried this plugin with no help to get my nokia n75 synching with my mac. It can establish a connection with the phone but hangs after entering the ‘bluetooth mobile phone setup’ window, then disconnects from the thing altogether.

14. zach says:

Thank you so much.
    I did what was suggested and it worked great.
    note: Make sure u restart the iSync application after downloading the unzip.
    Cheers

15. eric g says:

Nokia’s plugin has now moved to a new location (since Tom’s last comment).
    You can now find it at:

…and yes, it works on leopard (so far).

16. Peter says:

Thank you for this! It works great!

17. Hraeldom says: