HTC Dream/T-Mobile G1 camera
I really like my HTC Dream/T-Mobile G1 – I do :)
But to be honest, based on my brief experience with other HTC devices and the small-looking 3 megapixel sensor, I was not expecting much from the T-Mobile G1 camera. In fact, I was fearing the same dismal performance as the Nokia E66/E71 camera…
So I was pleasantly surprised with the pictures produced by the T-Mobile G1 camera. While being no match for the current state-of-the-art, I’m satisfied with the results.
– Excellent macro (requiring no user intervention)
– Decent low-light performance
– Dedicated 2-stage shutter button
– Inconsistent color balance
– No flash, zoom, or video recording
– No manual settings (exposure, white balance, ISO, etc…)
– Volume keys get in the way when taking pictures
In summary, this is a camera I can live with, much like the LG CU920 (Vu) camera. Still, I’m hoping for future firmware improvements!
wow, indeed! much better quality than expected.. :)
Everywhere you look!
I agree with every point u made on the G1 camera. I also experience a delay after I push the button…so u’ll think the camera didn’t take the pic and as soon as u move the camera away from the object-it snaps the pic!! wth??
I also wish it had zoom, width, sepia b/w etc options. I guess the 2.0 will be much better.