Nokia 5800 iSync plugin

Update: As some people have pointed out, Nokia finally made one available for download on the European website.

Advertisements

50 Responses to Nokia 5800 iSync plugin

1. […] this is no longer the case, as the multi-talented tnkgrl has decided to tinker a little bit, and put a plugin for the 5800 XpressMusic herself. I can’t test the plugin myself as I have no 5800 XpressMusic lying around me, but tnkgrl […]

2. -javafinger- says:

doesnt work bro…
    :( any suggestion?

3. tnkgrl says:

@-javafinger-

It works fine for others: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1472771

You must be doing something wrong. Please follow my above instructions exactly or get someone to help you. Make sure you have admin privileges and you are running Leopard (10.5.5).

4. checco says:

Anyone have tryed with the new 10.5.6 (released just 2 hrs ago) ?

5. tnkgrl says:

@checco, I just updated to 10.5.6 and it’s still working fine – I expect this to be the case with all past/present/future versions of Leopard.

6. checco says:

Great mate!!!

Really good job! I will try it tomorrow morning and i’ll give u a fast feedback.

Thx a lot :)

7. Louis says:

I LOVE YOU!!!

It’s working for me. no one from nokia discussion reply me at all.

Are you able to fix Nokia Multimedia Transfer? it’s not working so can’t use the latest Nokia Map Loader (for Mac) on 5800

Again, thanks :)

8. […] tnkgrl nos informa de la existencia de un plugin para iSync y así poder sincronizar el Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, terminal Symbian S60 5ª edición, con nuestro Mac. El plugin lo podéis descargar directamente de la página oficial, para instalar el plugin […]

9. Amit says:

I copied the folder and ran iSync and went to add devices, but no luck.
    The 5800 is paired, I can browse its contents – but the iSync dose not work.

What am I doing wrong..

Can any one please help..

10. juna says:

its not working for me….
    im using a 10.5.5 sistem in spanish,after puting “Nokia-5800.phoneplugin” folder inside library/phone run isync its says that is no t posible to conect to this device…
    PLEASE HELP!!!

11. Matt Calen says:

It’s working for me. no one from nokia discussion reply me at all.

Nice post keep the good workng

12. juna says:

now its working!!!
    thank you guachita!!!!

13. Thanks a bunch for the plugin!

Works on my Aluminum MacBook perfectly, but not on my G5 iSight iMac for some reason, both at 10.5.6; who knows?

FYI since you have a QR Code, I just loaded Nokia’s “Nokia Barcode Reader” app on my 5800, says it wasn’t compatible during installation, continued with installation anyway, turns out it works fine, even decoding a big messy business/V-card QR code.

14. John Merrick says:

Simply Perfect!
    Million Thanx

Con el 5800 en castellano y un IMac con 10.5.5
    Creando la carpeta como nos dices con ese nombre en la carpeta LIBRERIA
    Copiar allí la carpeta que sale de descomprimir el ZIP (OJO, la carpeta en sí, no solo el contenido)
    ….Y nada mas activar ISYNC ya sale el Phone completamente reconocible.

Lo dicho MIL GRACIAS, John

15. Momin says:

hey man, who ever u r, ure a genious, im an IT guy but networking not developer, but i know i tried copy paste alot of things didnt work for me. YOUR PLUGIN is Excellent SMOOTH AND SYNCS PERFECT, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, i have mac osx the latest, 10.5.6

16. SnP says:

Anyone know if this clearly marvelous piece of code will work on 10.4.?

Thx ahead.

17. […] anche se ne è già disponibile uno, per così dire, artigianale realizzato da tnkgrl (lo trovate QUI). Per altre informazioni e per il download di Nokia Multimedia Transfer vi rimando al sito […]

18. […] tnkgrl has released an iSync plugin for the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music series. Let us know if it works for you.  There’s no sign yet of an iSync plugin from Nokia for the 5800 XpressMusic, so I put my developer hat on and made one. Simply download, unzip and copy to the /Library/PhonePlugins folder! After pairing your 5800, run iSync, and select Devices|Add Device…  […]

19. Dee says:

I am having the same problem Juna had. I did everything you said and it doesn’t seem to be working.

20. Dee says:

I got it! Thank you so much. All I had to do was to restart my computer:)

21. louai says:

hi every one, i have a macbook running osx 10.4.11, also a nokia 5800, i tried downloading the plugins from this website, but it does not seem to work, any one know of a solution? thanks a bunch.

22. Zac Bolan says:

thanks a ton… WORKS GREAT!

23. Louveel says:

I’m using 10.4.11 and it worked like a charm! Thanks!

24. jay says:

please guide me thr procedure…like I have two liabrary folder…both dont have phoneplugin folder…

25. jay says:

Also I have a nokia 5310 plugin installed on the isync,do i have to delete it?

26. Halim says:

god job, it works fine in mac os 10.5.6 , thanks

27. sachu says:

@ jay ↲hi ther. Dont worry. I had the same problem. All you have to do is open a finder window and then go to library and then create folder exactly named like this PhonePlugins. And paste the unzipped file into it. Now take isync pair it and there you go:-)↲

28. Scenic says:

I got it! Thank you so much.

29. SnP says:

Followed the instructions and it works perfectly, thank u very many;D

30. RAJ says:

hey thanks a lot..

works perfect…with my mac

thanks again!!!

31. Jamil says:

Guys I have tiger but not leopard.Is it possible sync 5800 with tiger? Please help

32. Richard says:

Hi,

Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to make it work ;-(

Here is what I did on my MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.4.11
    – created a folder “PhonesPlugins” in both root and user /library,
    – pasted the zip file content,
    – restarted my computer,
    – repaired Nokia 5800 and computer,
    – launch iSync,
    – selected Devices/ Add device.
    Result is same as before: iSync can’t connect to this device…

Thanks a lot in advance for your help…

Best regards,

Richard

33. Puntoo says:

hehe….
    nice plugin..!!
    it works for me.

thanks..

34. Jamil says:

Richard

I had the same problem but I did like SACHU advised to JAY and everything works ok. (5th reply above yours)

35. Richard says:

Thanks a lot!
    I mistyped the folder name: PhoneSPlugins instead of PhonePlugins…
    Thanks to you, I will finally keep my 5800 ;-)

Best regards!

36. Jamil says:

Happy that u are happy wit that :) It took about 30 minutes for me to fix the problem.Just never give up! lol

37. […] If you’re one of the few kids who own a brand spankin’ new Nokia 5800 AND happen to own a Macintosh, you will probably notice that the Nokia iSync support site still doesn’t have a device driver for this phone. No worries, one will come soon. It always does. But in the meantime, you can check out tnkgrl’s self-developed iSync plugin which works just as fine! […]

38. disorganized says:

Hi, just downloaded your file. But I do not have a folder /Library/PhonePlugins. So how do I go about it? Now I did find a plug in on the nokia europe site, but it does not work for my contacts. Does your plug in work for that?? Thanks

39. chinggoy says:

works perfectly! thanks so much!

40. chinggoy says:

disorganized, just create the phoneplugins folder. then drag the nokia-5800 folder there. hth

41. […] and copying them over manually again deleting the files listed above. When the library was … Nokia 5800 iSync plugin � tnkgrl Mobilecreated a folder �PhonesPlugins� in both root and user /library, – pasted the zip file content, […]

42. Dirtbag says:

Works perfectly, thanks!
    The image was a bit blurry, had to resave it at 72dpi 64x64px (it was 300dpi)

43. Hi there I have tried to use the method that SACHU advised with no luck! Im using a mac with 10.5.6 OS on and 3.0.2 version of isync has anyone got it working with this software versions? thanks!

44. Simone says:

Thank you very much, it works easily.
    simone

45. K!ng says:

Hi guys! i just got rip of N.E71 and got the N5800, lol! a bit late!!! anyway, i just took me a few minutes to isync my mobile i got the plug in from this page (top) it just simply worked at the 1st try, and i would like to thank the beta developer, and the final developer also. Thank you all for keeping our life’s simple.

Mac book pro (A1260) 2.5G IC2Duo
    4gb Ram 667mhzDD2, 500Gb HD. MAC os X 10.5.7

46. Irwan Barrientos says:

Definitivamente son lo maximo pense que mi telefono no era compatible con mac estaba ya practicamente desilusionado y pense en pasar todos mis contactos a mano….. pero aparecio esta pagina salvadora…..jejejeje

47. jay says:

Cant do it on 10.6.4 :((((

48. Roland says:

Tried with Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6 but can only get as far as the following message which appears when trying to Sync iCal with a Nokia 5800.

“Before you can synchronize your calendars, you need to open a calendar application that supports synchronization and create at least one writable calendar.”

(The address book Sync just fine, but there seems to be an issue with the calendars)

I have also tried the “official” Nokia plug-in, but experienced exactly the same issue.

If anyone has a work-around, please let me know

Thanks, Roland